While this takes a little effort to put together, it’s really quite simple: Veggies, broth and spices.
Avocado Shrimp for One
This is actually a dish I came up with on my own! It's super-simple and relatively light, so you can probably double the recipe and not stuff yourself. This recipe is "for one" because Tammy doesn't like shrimp. Yet.
We love some good tomato soup and it turns out to be easy to make. Four ingredients and minimal prep.
This is a great way to eat healthier with something that tastes great. Don’t let the word “squash” turn you away. These are pretty easy to make and did I mention tasty?
- 1 T Oil (coconut, olive, grapeseed, etc.)
- Chipotle chili powder (optional)
- 3-4 oz. Raw, peeled shrimp
- ¼ to ½ Avocado
- ¼ Cup Cashew sour cream
- Lemon juice
- Salt & pepper, if desired
Obviously you can use shrimp that isn’t peeled, but you have to deal with the shell and other bits. For ease of prep, I get the frozen variety and thaw what I need just before cooking.
- Saute the shrimp in the oil until it’s done all the way through
- Arrange the shrimp in a bowl
- If you’re using jumbo shrimp, cut into bite-sized pieces
That’s it! This dish could also be served cold as an appetizer.