While this takes a little effort to put together, it’s really quite simple: Veggies, broth and spices.
We love some good tomato soup and it turns out to be easy to make. Four ingredients and minimal prep.
Butternut Squash Enchiladas
This is a great way to eat healthier with something that tastes great. Don’t let the word “squash” turn you away. These are pretty easy to make and did I mention tasty?
Red-ish Enchilada Sauce
It easy enough to buy enchilada sauce at the store, but this just tastes better. And it’s pretty easy to make. And, yeah, it’s not very red. But it isn’t a green sauce, so we call it “Red”.
Another super simple recipe: Just four ingredients.
Like most of our recipes, this is pretty easy to prepare.
My original inspiration for these came from the Inspired Taste website.
- 4 T butter (or some butter, some avocado oil or OOVO)
- One-half medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup Vegetable stock (or water, if you don’t have any)
- 3, 14-ounce cans of crushed tomatoes
- (Optional) Salt to taste
- Melt the butter over medium heat (“5” on my electric stove)
- Add the onions and saute 3-4 minutes until partially transparent
- Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat slightly (“4” on my electric stove)
- Continue simmering for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to blend to desired smoothness
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transfer parts of the mixture to a regular blender, but be careful as it is hot!
Top with Cashew Sour Cream, and fold it into the soup.
We add garlic to just about everything, so no reason you couldn’t add some minced garlic during the lat two minutes of sauteing the onions.
We’ve tried sprinkling some basil or parsley over the top. If you think you would like that, go for it.